Thavorn Hotel Group’s motto has always been “Where Thai Tradition Meets Nature.” Thavorn Palm Beach Resort embodies this motto by continuously pursuing various green practices committed to making our resort a little greener.
- Green Hotel – An “Environmentally Friendly Hotel” award for those that are officially approved by Thailand’s Department of Environmentally Quality Promotion
Featured Group Project :
“Save Nakalay Reef” is the first privately-funded natural reef coral restoration joint collaboration with the Department of Marine and Coastal resources (DMCR) in Phuket.
- We are Phuket’s FIRST to restore, preserve, and grow natural coral reefs in Nakalay Bay
- We are Phuket’s FIRST to establish a coral learning centre and nursery
- We recover broken corals and rehabitilate them in our nurseries during monsoon season
- We actively install coral artificial frame structures for broken corals to safely stabilize
- We actively grow broken corals on natural reefs in not just Nakalay Bay, but all over Phuket (Maithon, Racha Island, Koh Yao, etc.)
- We volunteer to beaches all over Phuket to clean up washed garbage and wastes
- Click here for our official website - www.phuketcoralconservation.com
Garden Projects :
We have grown hundreds of diverse plant species making us a breathtakingly beautiful TRUE garden resort with diverse and colorful grounds. Click here for a preview of our gardens
We use recycled water to water our massive resort garden plants
Energy & Waste Efficient Projects:
Third-Party Waste Recycle Program - We sell our plastic, cardboard, and scrap metal wastes to third party recycling companies
Skip Room Cleaning Program – We offer guests the option to skip room cleaning for free vouchers on property thereby saving energy, water, and waste from laundry and cleaning services
We offer no plastic bags
We offer guests to send receipt/folios by email to avoid paper waste
We replaced all compact fluorescent light bulbs to LED light bulbs
We assist the grid by using high voltage electrical appliances during off-peak hours, e.g. generators, air con testing, high pressure water machines, and baking in bakeries.
We turn off all administrative office lights 30 mins before leaving
We use recycled paper for office internal reports